Friday, August 6, 2010

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane...

It's 3:30 AM.
-
I board a plane bound for the US in less than 7 hours.
-
Am I asleep? No (obviously...)
Am I packed? Nope (though I'm almost done!)
Am I instead wasting time doing completely arbitrary things (like writing this post about absolutely nothing)? Of course!!
-
I vehemently LOATHE packing and so always leave it until the last possible minute and typically do not sleep the night before I travel anywhere. It's not the process of putting the items into the suitcase that I hate. I actually quite enjoy organizing and arranging everything to make it fit perfectly. I think it's more the fact that packing means change as I leave one place and go to another. As much as I am excited to GO back home, I do not want to LEAVE!!!
-
Despite the fact that when I first arrived, I was wondering what in the world I was doing in CAMBODIA and nearly at the point of counting the days before I returned to the states, I have grown so attached to this country, especially the people I've met here! I had many series of goodbyes today, though some are just being prolonged until the morning. Now that I'm leaving, it's so easy for me to get caught up with regretting all of the things I wish I had done, places I wanted to go, conversations I should have had, and wishing I had more time to do those things. Yet this has been an amazing summer and it is all of the experiences that I DID have that I want to focus on. Likewise I'm realizing that there are so many other things I wanted to post about and had composed in my mind but never had a chance to actually write up. So perhaps I will play catch up for a bit once I return as it will be a good way for me to remember all that did happen!
-
OK, now to throw those last minute things into my bag and maybe catch an hour of sleep. But then again, why sleep now when I have 20+ hours trapped on a plane for exactly that...?

No comments:

Post a Comment